Monday, March 14, 2011

Update on the Challenge

I'm not going to lie. Trying to keep up with this fitness challenge this month has been pretty difficult. Last week, I did not meet my goal of exercising five days a week. There were several different reasons why. First, I worked as a preschool substitute three days last week at my son's school. While that was only in the mornings, it was followed by the usual picking up my daughter and transporting her after school, as well as driving to my son's speech therapy one of those days. Plus, it rained two days which is always depressing! Then, my husband was scheduled to have outpatient surgery on Wednesday, which was cancelled at the last minute because his doctor became ill. Anyway, last week was so exhausting that I honestly wanted to throw in the towel on this project, but I've decided to keep going. So here's last week's recap:
Day 7 - I worked out at the gym for an hour and took the dog for a 10-minute walk earlier in the day.
Day 8 - Nothing
Day 9 - Nothing besides a 10-minute walk with the dog.
Day 10 - Nothing besides a 10-minute walk with the dog.
Day 11 - A 45-minute workout at the gym and 10-minute walk later.
Day 12 - A 30-minute walk at the local park, and 20-minute walk with the dog.
Day 13 - Strength and core training for 40 minutes and a 10-minute walk in the afternoon.

So I worked out four days of last week, which is still reasonable. If nothing else, my dog should be happy! I'm hoping to get back on the wagon this week, and try to eat a little better. I've stocked my refrigerator with plenty of fruits and vegetables this week, so here we go!

No comments: