Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 2


I met my goal of exercising today. I actually took my dog for a walk this morning (working from home has its perks!) and the kids and I took him again this afternoon. They rode their bikes and scooters. Sonic is the rescue dog we adopted a few months after we lost our old friend and Chihuahua extraordinaire, Odie. We're not quite sure what he is exactly (my daughter calls him a Chiweenie) but he definitely has some Chihuahua and maybe Daschund in him. There's a reason he has the name Sonic. We're guessing he's about 4 years old and he has the energy to match. I swear, sometimes I think if he had a bigger mouth he would bring me the leash himself!
Full disclosure here. There are no secrets in "The Healthier Writer Challenge." I took the kids to McDonald's today for an impromptu ice cream trip, fully planning on getting an iced latte for myself. One small chocolate milkshake later, I'm still feeling the guilt. Why did I do that? Plus, milkshakes are always a little rough on my stomach, so while it tastes good at the time, what's the point?
I tried to make up for it by having a healthy dinner of vegetarian lentil soup and a baked potato with Smart Balance. Then I hit the stairclimber at the gym for 45 minutes and did some core exercises after that. Besides the milkshake, I did manage to eat pretty well today, so I'm proud of myself for that. No sense in beating myself up for it. Tomorrow's a new day!
I guess in all I worked out about 1 hour and 20 minutes today. I have two articles to work on tomorrow so it will be interesting to see how I manage to squeeze a workout in there, but I'm determined.

No comments: