Tuesday, December 31, 2013

27 Days of Journaling to Health & Happiness

Isn't it funny how things sometimes land in your inbox just when you need them? I am a firm believer in synchronicity, and I think that is what led me to inquire about Mari L. McCarthy's 27 Days of Journaling to Health and Happiness workbook after seeing a Facebook post describing the course.

In the past year, I've been desperately trying to juggle my freelance writing career, polish up and submit two different children's novels, see to the needs of my family and put in some volunteer hours for various places and organizations where I can. What do you think happened this past fall? I crashed and burned, of course, coming down with a recurring case of strep that left me weakened, resentful and most of all, discouraged.

Mari L. McCarthy founded CreateWriteNow after journaling helped her restore feeling and function to her right side as a result of a damaging Multiple-Sclerosis (MS) flair up. She's gearing up for the 27 Days Life-Changing Journaling Challenge and if you are ready to take on the New Year with gusto, I would highly recommend signing up. The course is free with purchase of the workbook, which you can purchase here. Below is a description of the workbook:

The Peace of Mind & Body: 27 Days of Journaling to Health and Happiness guide takes you on a step-by-step journey to identify exactly what it is you want -- and how to get there. In just 27 days, you'll find yourself on a clear path to achieving the peace of mind, health and happiness you want for your life. Personal growth and development can be hard work, but this workbook makes it easy.
Learn how journaling can help you:
  • Identify what it is you really want 
  • Work through difficult challenges in your life
  • Create a path to achieve the things you want for your life today
  • Be a healthier, happier YOU
I received a copy of the workbook and have been flipping through the pages, trying to get myself mentally prepared for what the process will bring. When I saw that several of the exercises included music lyrics, I got pretty excited, as I've always relied on music to get me through the creative process of writing. Other exercises include exploring childhood memories, reflecting upon your dreams, keeping a food log, venting to your journal without censoring yourself, and more.

Are you ready for the challenge? Order your copy of the workbook, head out and buy a special pen and notebook specifically for journaling and sign up for the Jan. 1-27 challenge here.

1 comment:

Mari said...

Hi Renee,

Thank you for reviewing my book. Happy New Year and I Always say, "WriteON!"

Mari