Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Documenting the Process



While it only took a month to complete the rough draft of my first novel, it feels like the revisions are taking forever. Every time I look over it I find a new typo. Oh well. No one ever said this was easy! But it is exciting to see it all coming together . . .

In other news, I've finally rescheduled the freelance writing workshop I was supposed to hold back in January, before several weeks of inclement weather foiled my plans. This is part of the LakeNormanMommies Learning series, and will take place at my home in Huntersville on May 8 at 2 p.m.

Below are the details:
During this two-hour class (which includes coffee/snack time), you'll learn how to:
  • analyze the mastheads of local publications to see where writing opportunities are
  • brainstorm article ideas
  • find expert sources to quote in your articles
  • query a national publication
My writing credits include:
The Charlotte Observer
Lake Norman Currents
Charlotte Parent
Little Ones
Carolina Parent
Piedmont Parent
www.iParenting.com
Huggies Baby Network
Funds for Writers
The Writer

You can find more bio information on my web page, www.FinishedPages.com.
The class fee is $20 and a portion of the fee will be donated to LakeNormanMommies as a fundraiser. There will be door prizes, too, and great opportunities to connect with other creative LKNM moms! Contact me if you would like more information.


1 comment:

FrederickI_婷妏Ferreri1003堅強 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.