Monday, October 12, 2009

Eighth Annual FundsforWriters Essay Contest

As I promised, I bring you day one's featured contest. I recently subscribed to C. Hope Clark's FundsforWriters weekly newsletter and it has been a wealth of information on writing grants and contests. She also accepts article submissions, too. Each year she sponsors an essay contest, and this year's theme is "Invisible Writing." I know, it sounded a little obscure to me when I first heard the theme, but it makes since when you read the description. You can pay $0 or $5 to enter your submission; prizes range from $10-$200. The deadline is Oct. 31, 2009. Good luck!

2 comments:

Shanna Mac said...

Thanks for some direction Renee! I've been looking for outlets to get back into a writing groove, and you may have given me some hope!! I'm staying at home with my little girls now, and have been trying to figure out how to start freelancing. It seems there's a whole world out there wanting to help!

shanna mcdaniel riggsbee

Renee Roberson said...

Hi Shanna,

There is hope! Get a copy of the book "Writer Mama," by Christina Katz. It will help give you some focus. Great to hear from you!