Friday, June 20, 2008

Exciting Times

I've spent the past few weeks trying to meet deadlines and taking on a rush job for a local business publication. I love the prospect of a new client, but I don't love how long it is taking for people to call me back. The clock is ticking and it looks like I'll be working at the eleventh hour to complete it . . . always fun.

One of my favorite Web sites, Freelance Writing Jobs, has decided to hold a contest modeled after "American Idol" to fill two new blogger positions. I went back and forth trying to decide if I should publicly submit my credentials for voting, and finally did. This paying position will require two blog posts per week on a writing specialty or niche. Visitors to the site voted on who the top twelve contestants should be, and I was disappointed not to get any votes. However, the two lovely ladies who run the site decided to make me the 13th "wild card" contestant. Yea me! From here on all contestants will submit posts anonymously for people to vote on. Wish me luck!

I've lost over ten pounds since I began eating better, strength training and running in April. I'm running my second 5K this weekend and am hoping to fly this time. I'm a few pounds lighter than my last race so maybe that will work in my favor.

Many thanks to my wonderful husband this week who has taken time off from work to help me juggle the kids, doctor's appointments and deadlines! Back to work now . . .

2 comments:

Ally (Allena Tapia) said...

Hey Renee, I stumbled on your blog through the Christina Katz newsletter and saw that you have About.com Freelance Writing in your blog roll THANKS! Also, I checked out your website and it looks so clean and well maintained!

Renee Roberson said...

Why, thank you! Thanks for visiting my site too, it still needs more revamping but paying clients must come first, right?