Friday, March 14, 2008

Weekend, Here I Come!

I am so proud of myself at the moment. It's 4:30 p.m. on Friday afternoon, and I am pleased to say all my work has been completed for this week. I had five assignments due this week, but instead of panicking like I usually do, I just lined up some extra childcare and got to work. I even had two articles that were due tomorrow, and I turned them both in a few minutes ago. A day early. That is pretty much unheard of in my world. Of course, I do have over two hundred e-mails in my inbox right now that either need to be filed, deleted or replied to, tax information to compile, and a website to update, but I'm trying not to think about that right now.

To tell you the truth, I didn't have high hopes for this week after getting pulled over by a policeman bright and early Monday morning. There have been a rash of break-ins in town recently, particularly in the neighborhood my babysitter lives in. Apparently the suspects often drive some sort of SUV, which I drive, as does half the town. So a patrol cop eyeballed me as I pulled up in front of the sitter's house. He studied my license tag before driving off. Then he followed me out of the neighborhood and finally pulled me over right past the elementary school. Lovely. My registration on my tag had expired in January and I SWEAR I was just about to renew it but . . . now I have a lovely court date in May. And I swear I've been followed by several different cops since then. Who knew a silver SUV would be so suspicious? I hope they catch these guys soon so I can get some peace.

I am ready to kick back and pour myself a glass of wine. Maybe I should wait until 5 p.m. Isn't that when "happy hour" typically begins?

No comments: