Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Paperwhite is Perfect!


For the longest time, I held out on purchasing an e-reader. I'll admit I fell into that category of people who said, "I don't need an e-reader. I prefer to read a regular book instead." And then I thought instead of purchasing a Kindle, I would just wait until I got an iPad and read books on that. Well, I still haven't purchased an iPad and my husband warned me that the built-in light of the Kindle would probably be better for someone with my poor vision anyway. But still, I wavered.

Then, a few weeks ago, I picked up a new gig helping authors promote their books via blogs. This requires me to do a lot more reading from PDF files. After trying to read an entire book on my MacBook, I threw in the towel. Especially after I figured out that you can convert PDF files onto a Kindle and read them just like any other e-book. Sold! I was at Staples just a few days later.

I paid $119 for the Paperwhite, which is the latest and greatest version of the Kindle. It is lightweight, has a long-lasting battery and has a touch screen, which makes navigation very easy. I also paid extra to get a case for it. The size of the Paperwhite is perfect and fits easily in my shoulder bag. I was able to send a few PDF files to my Kindle and get to work immediately, as well as buy a few e-books to read for pleasure too! One of the features I really love is the "highlight" feature. You can highlight specific passages of a book with the swipe of a finger for later use. This helps tremendously when I'm trying to outline sections I want to remember for book reviews. It was very easy to set up and start using. All the answers to your questions come right on the Kindle. So far I haven't found anything I really don't like about the Paperwhite. It's making my job a whole lot easier, that's for sure! Friends and family, if you need future gift ideas for me, just make it a Kindle Giftcard, 'kay?

Do you have an e-reader? What do you love about it?

No comments: