Thursday, June 11, 2009

Only the Beginning?

I have almost completed my first non-fiction book proposal, and it is now in the hands of a few very trusted friends and acquaintances for their feedback. I worked on outlining the prospective marketing and promotion plan last night, and it hit me. You really do need to be completely in love with any book project you take on because you will be eating, sleeping and breathing it for who knows how long once you secure a publisher. So much of the publicity falls upon writers these days that you really shouldn't expect anything less once you ink the deal.
For now, I'm researching potential agents (interesting, really!), working up a query letter, press release and sample chapters so I can be fully prepared if an agent does come calling one day soon.

Just another day at the (home) office!

No comments: